My husband loves his Mt. Dew and I love him so what better way to celebrate then some sweets for my Sweet?!? Ok, it may be a little early but this paper - it's so cute! This Valentine paper called Sweet Talk is by Stampin Up! and will be available on January 4th, 2022 and I couldn't wait to play with it! This box was made around that can of sugar and his favorite other sweet, Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I am staying true to my BBOB (Boxes Based On Beverage) theory so if you are familiar with them, this will be easy peasy!
Here are the details:
Boxes Based On Beverage (BBOB)
Soda can or 12 oz beverage
Here is a basic photo of how the box and lid will look, you will just change the measurements based on what box you want to make: (Refer to first tutorial Boxes Based On Beverage)
12 oz can of soda or beverage of choice and room for candy to the side – (Finished box size is 5” x 5” x 2 ¾” tall)
- For bottom box – cardstock cut at 10 ½” x 10 ½” – score all sides at 2 ¾”
- For the lid – cardstock cut at 8 1/16” x 8 1/16” – score all sides at 1 ½”
- For this one, I recommend 2 pieces for the inside of the bottom box for stability:
- Piece One:
- Cardstock cut at 5” x 10 3/8” and score at 2 ¾”, 5 ½”, 8”. You will form a ‘W’ with this piece and will be placed over the next piece.
- Piece Two:
- Cardstock cut at 2 ¾” x 10 ½” and score at 2 ¾” and 7 ¾”.
- Piece One:
Piece One Piece Two
- You will glue the ‘W’ together with Piece Two in the middle of it. Once together, it will all go in the box straight down as you see in the photo. You will need to glue the two smaller tabs to the inside of the box, so it looks like this when done:
The rest is decorating your lid and filling the box - it's just that easy! I hope I have inspired you today!